Simple enough and delicious. Recipe for Carolina BBQ Sauce-
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups apple cider
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 smoked pork neck bone
- Combine the cider vinegar, apple cider, brown sugar, mustard seed, Dijon mustard, tomato paste, salt, black pepper, and neck bones in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat; simmer until the sauce thickens, 30 to 40 minutes. Skim any foam from the surface of the liquid and discard. Remove and discard the neck bones. Cool the sauce to room temperature or use immediately.
This was found on AllRecipe.com
Don’t think for a moment that this is the last Carolina BBQ sauce recipe you will see. This topic is like a NASCAR or ACC rivalry. Just make it and see how you like it. All I’m saying.