This is a real concern for me as I have dogs and family with their own canines.
An outbreak like this can spread quickly. It’s urgent ot get the word out far and wide to keep this from getting out of hand. Please share this brief article with others and let’s stay informed. Share updates on social media as well.- Muse
- ⚠️ Veterinarians are seeing a growing number of coughing dogs, with symptoms including coughing, sneezing, nasal and/or eye discharge, and lethargy.
- 🐶 The mystery illness is highly contagious and can be fatal, with symptoms similar to kennel cough, but with a wet cough instead of a dry one.
- ⚕️ Dogs showing consistent coughing should be examined by a vet, who can ultrasound the lungs to check for pneumonia or contagious pneumonia.
- ⚠️ Coughing dogs should be kept away from other dogs, even for two weeks after the cough goes away.
- 🔬 Research is underway to understand the cause of the illness, and veterinarians are urging pet owners to be cautious and seek veterinary care for their pets.
Congrats! You saved 2 minutes by using Briefy.